Re: (ET) ET Motors

 Colin,
 I don't know if you are aware, but the E8 and E10 motors were not built
by GE. They were built by a company called Applied Motors. From the info.
I have I believe the E10 motor was 1-1/4 HP and guessing from there the E8
was probably 1 HP. The E8 and E10 motors were the same dimensions on the
outside. The E8 motor was usually painted yellow and the E10 black. Upon
taking them apart you should find a magnet length of 4" in the E8 and a
little over 5" in the E10 (acccording to the parts book, I didn't go
measure).
 I hope this is in some way helpful.
 Sincerely,
 Harold Z.