Re: (ET) ET running costs

I though that I should comment on battery costs.  I bought a new set this fall, just after the price went up, and they were about $100 each, $638 for the set including sales tax.   A week earlier, they would have been at least $5 each cheaper.  The batteries are  East Penn/Deka, sold by Fleet Farm.   Having just sold our John Deere riding mower this summer, I have good feel for the costs.  I spent an average of less than $50 a year on parts, maintenance,oil filters, etc., including the occasional repair part, belt or blade replacement over 15 years.   Never paid to have a tune up or oil change or other work done,  everything was easily done by me with reference to a shop manual that was an early purchase.  I mow from less than an acre up to 4 or 5 acres, depending on whether it is just the yard or if I mow around the orchard and pole shed, which is less often, and could use 30 to 40 gallons of gas in a summer if it was wet and the grass grew fast--not the case in the last couple of years.   I switched to using an Elec-Trak because our electricity is "free" (wind and solar systems since 1977) and I don't like storing or using gasoline, disposing of used oil, etc., any more than necessary.  We also use a car converted to all electric for local driving.

Jim, in Western Wisconsin