Re: (ET) Controllers and inverters

On 31 Dec 2012 at 9:48, Robert wrote:

> I'm sure the Alltrax is a wonderful controller and for those without
> the ends and the ability to design those circuits it's a great way to
> go.

My hat's off to anybody who can and does design his own controller!  From
what I can tell, it's far from trivial.  And of course you get exactly
what
you want in a controller.

That said, I know a couple of people with ample EE / EV design chops who
have chosen to buy instead of building their controllers themselves.  From
what they tell me, having had previous experience designing and debugging
controllers, they decided it would actually be cheaper to buy than to
build
from scratch. Also, they had a working EV in much less time.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA