Re: (ET) Over voltage on DC motors

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to over voltage DC motors especially when they are loaded as the extra current can burn out the fields and armatures. It's easy enough to PWM hi efficiency 'H' bridges to reduce the voltage very efficiently.  I like the HIP4081, it's an old chip but I've had very good success with it. (it doesn't hurt that I have a bunch of them either!) I may even use it to control the main drive motor.
Has anyone built their own controllers? I'd love to see the circuits.

Rob