From: Bill Alburty [mailto:willaim kc rr com]
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:58 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Mulch-envy

Thank you both for the mulching advice. But I have mulch-envy for my
neighbor's ICE Toro ZTR which sprays out very small sand size particles and
dust. That output I think will actually help the lawn as fertilizer.
My ET output is, at best, 1/2 inch pieces of leaves. In the case of pin oak
leaves, they seem to have a long lasting leathery quality and are slow to
decompose. I think they actually degrade the lawn by sticking to bare
places
and making over-seeding ineffective. The ET is especially bad with deep
leaves also as it pushes big piles ahead of itself. I think it can be
better
than this.

Bill Alburty, E-12, Kansas