Re: (ET) Leaf sucking blower problems.

I might be able to help...
 Question #  2.  Any Elec-Trakker have a motor shop willing to help a long time E15 user our?

I work in what I like to call "Santa's Workshop"

 Our formal contact info and web site.

Arnprior Rapid Manufacturing Solutions

2400 Mt Read Blvd, B-205, dock 55, MC 03030

Rochester, NY 14650-3030

View our cid:image001.png@01CC3662.7C17C810YouTube
        homeYouTube
        homevideo online... http://www.youtube.com/user/ArnpriorRapid

We have one of the largest all under one roof shop facilities in the northeast and part of that is an excellent motor shop.  Headed up by a Mr. Lyle Preston.  After a bit of conversation with some of the folks at the summer event in Vermont I asked a few questions of Lyle and hear they are.

My questions to Lyle:

    I was at an event over the weekend and during conversation a statement was         made…“no one rebuilds electric motors anymore”.  So I am wondering about our capabilities.   What can we do?

Do we just change out bearings and clean up the cases or can we check armatures, do any winding etc?

Can we do DC motors or just AC motors?    Do we have sources for old/potentially obsolete parts?  Can we make brushes?

His reply:
    Not true at all we do rebuild electric motors and we also rewind using outside shops at a very competitive price as we have a group of winding houses that bid for our rewind work ,  we do the repairs and plating here as well as final testing.   It does depend on size some time if you have a standard 1 HP motor that needs winding it is cheaper to purchase a new motor and we also help with finding replacement motors.

So if anyone has a need for shop services, motor services, and we have a balance shop as well, Please drop me a note and I will put you in touch with the appropriate  people.

My contact information at work:

Jim Murray Instrument Maker  james murray arnprior-rmsi com

585-617-6421 phone

585-521-0428 pager