(ET) Batteries . . . . now it's the charger.

Thanks everyone for the advice on batteries. I was cheap and bought the
GC2s at Sam's club for 81.82 each.

They're installed but not charging. The charger apparently is only putting
out 2.2 volts.

So the old  5 year old batteries I took to the recycler last week were
probably still OK. It was the charger that was flaking out.

I took out the charger to check it out, I hooked it back up to the timer,
plugged it in and it's still putting out 2.2 volts so something is wrong
with it. It's humming so it sounds like it's working.

I have the Elec-Trak manual and was checking out the diagnostics and it
could be the diodes.

Any ideas? I have an E-8.

Thanks

Chip