Re: (ET) how does the late model I5 speed control work?

On 9/5/2012 9:46 PM, Clean Power Supply wrote:
  Internal construction of the E15 motor is almost identical to that
of the E20. And while I didn't try to figure out the extra windings in
those motors, keep in mind that it is in series with the armature and
therefore on the E20 when the armature current is reversed to achieve
reverse rotation the polarity of the extra windings reverses as well
so any differences should be minimal.

Here's a way to find out: On an E12 motor with no field I noticed that the motor does nothing but get very hot and mad with armature current alone. On the E20, it will drive the motor, but will have very little power and pull high current. But it will move.

On the E15, if you apply power to the motor with no field does the tractor move at all? When I zorch the field relay and try to hit the gas on my E15, it doesn't move and just pulls insane current through the armature.

I'm not sure if it has the compensation field. That would make a big difference.

Chris