Re: (ET) 36vdc tools from Stihl and Black & Decker

On 8/17/2012 6:08 PM, Charlie wrote:
Both Stihl and Black & Decker have brought out 36vdc lithium-ion
battery pack systems this year and are gradually bringing out a series
of tools based on them.

Years ago I bought some of the Homelite/Ryobi tools and hacked them to run on 18 volts from the pack tapped. Then I started running the chainsaw at 24 volts and cutting up trees. Then the chain saw melted and I got an Elec-trak one. Which is indestructable.

But the point is I still use 18 volt Ryobi/Homelite tools. They really have supported the line for awhile, and I find that with lithium batteries I really don't need a cord to use the string trimmer all over, the hedge clipper, the drill, and of course the caulk gun. And the tree limb trimmer, it really works well.

The chainsaw is nice to clear a few branches, but when I need a tree down it's time for the Elec-trak.

A 36 volt hand tiller would be really nice though....

Chris