(ET) 36vdc tools from Stihl and Black & Decker

Both Stihl and Black & Decker have brought out 36vdc lithium-ion
battery pack systems this year and are gradually bringing out a series
of tools based on them.

The new B&D 36 volt string trimmer is noticeably different from their
(discontinued) 36 vdc ni-cad model - it's half the weight, obviously,
but it also has a single string instead of double, continuous line
feed instead of bump, and is 13-inch instead of 14-inch.  Oh, and it's
$80 cheaper, so I bought one.

http://blackanddecker.com/Search.aspx?terms=36v

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/technology/lithium-ion-battery

Now we need to form a conspiracy to tell everybody they are total
wimps if they use anything other than 36 volt cordless tools.  That
way, in a couple of years we'll all be able to get tools with worn-out
batteries from yard sales for a couple of bucks, and cable them into
our accessory sockets.  "Dude, you're still using an 18 volt drill?
What's the problem, is your wrist too limp to use a 36 volt model?
You know that cute girl down the street?  She uses a REAL drill!"

--Charlie