From: Geof Thompson <geothompson xplornet com>
To: elec-trak <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Wed, Aug 1, 2012 9:00 am
Subject: (ET) Sears "Electric Lawn Mower"

Hi
First, I had a great time at the Re-Union, Thank you George for all your efforts, and thanks to all the folk who can. Not only did I enjoy the event I loved Vermont and that end of NY. As many of you who were there I also bought a Sears “Electric Lawn Mower” from a person in Sand Lake NY  (about 40 miles form Bennington). I had been looking for about a year and through the connection I’ve made on this list tracked one down. Thanks to all. This was all done before I got wind of Jim Coates pending sale of what is probably a very nice piece. There is a Canadian Connection, The unit I bought serial number plate says made for Sear Roebuck USA, and Simpson Sears Canada – At the time Simpsons was a Canadian Icon store who partnered with Sears Roebuck for a catalogue sales eventually this became Sears Canada when Walmart started to move into the area. But, the fact remains that this is a Tractor which was made to be sold in Canada. Now having said all that my unit was nicely painted a metallic green by the previous owner (he was a paint a body man) and I am again calling in the list for some help. I would like to get it back to original  I got copy of the a manual which I down loaded form Sears it is in black and white so I still have no idea of the livery for this tractor, If you have a Sears which is in its original colours please send me images, the more detail the better, or if you have or know of some pictures please let me know so I can track them down.

Thanks in Advance
GEof
Vinemount, Ontario, CANADA