Re: (ET) Charger out.

I gave some quick advice which I now see was incorrect. Fig 5-5 in my manual probably applies to your problem. The secondary transformer circuit shows a circuit breaker, the power disconnect, and a fuse all in series. Any one of them open could explain your problem. Your timer switch must be OK since you get the hum.
Bill Alburty E-12 Ks

Bill Alburty wrote:
The charging timer has a timer motor and a normally open switch which closes when the timer is set and opens when the timer times out.  Sounds like the switch is not closing and therefore not connecting the charger to the batteries.

Bill Alburty E-12 Ks

Charlie wrote:
Is there a klixon on the output of the charger?  I hear they sometimes crap out.

--Charlie