Re: (ET) rusty asles

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012, Neil Dennis wrote:

FWIW, maybe that's why the service manual for my "stinkY' (IC engine) calls for removing the wheel, cleaning and greasing the hub once a year. :-D .

Ahh, in retrospect, that definitely seems like a good idea. :) When I restored mine, I stripped much of the tractor apart - but I didn't take the hubs off the axle, or mess with the underside at all. The rest of the tractor is nice and pretty with new stainless steel bolts, etc. - but the underside looks like it hasn't been touched in 40 years. Apparently it needs a little love too...

Mike