Re: (ET) E-12 Charger trouble

Actually... I have direct replacement diodes available :-)
And complete heat sink/diode assemblies.

As this comes up from time to time, I will add the loose diodes to my web site (some seem to take what the computer says too literally... I have tons of stuff not yet listed). However, it is tricky to just replace the original diodes as after pressing out the old ones, the aluminum tends to be stretched and then the new ones are loose. Thus why I sell the complete assemblies, new aluminum with with new diodes already pressed in.

I have two types of diodes, both press fit, both new, as in manufactured recently enough to be ROHS compliant (lead free). One kind has a wire lead just like the original and identical current rating to the original. The second kind has a lug with a hole and is has double the current rating. The complete heat sink assembly is made using the heavy duty diodes.

All that said, the capacitors are more likely than the diodes to have a loud/dramatic/explosive failure. Either failing could could pop the breaker.