Re: (ET) Tiller season!

Chris,
The chaincase driving the tiller shaft is not sealed, I think the
manual says to squirt oil in every two hours of operation.
There is a set screw looking adjustment screw on the front of the
chaincase for adjusting the chain tension for the tiller drive case.

I plan on doing mine up like the JD guys do their Brinly-Hardy/JD
tillers, soak the chain in gear oil and let it drip dry.
Put the chain back in the half of the chain case and pack with 1 and
1/2 pounds of good multipurpose grease, then fully reassemble the
case.

The chaindrive from the belt pulley to the clutch assembly is to be
soaked, drip dry, then wiped dry so the oil doesn't contaminate the
clutch disks.

----
Mr. Shannon Aldinger