Re: (ET) How often to charge large frame tractors sitting idle?

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 07:57:23 (PST) Paul Holzschuher wrote:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Get a Landis charge controller that uses the ET charger, but monitors the
pack voltage, so you are always charged in any weather.
Got my Landis 10  years ago and my first T-105 pack lasted 8  years.

Paul, I agree with that statement. I am going through my first winter with

the Landis controller. I check the pack voltage almost every day, and have
not  seen anything lower than 36.9 VDC. It is a well made device, and it
works.

Previously I had the tractor plugged into a 24 hour timer that charged
the
pack for 1/2 hour each day, Last winter I had an older set of Trojan
T-105s,  and I just didn't get around to hooking up the timer. This spring
I had 5
cases  busted - only 1 survived.

I spent over $500 for the new batteries and I figure the $40 for the
controller is well spent. Using the timer is always a bit of guesswork -
not
quite knowing whether you are over or under charging.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN