Re: (ET) Elec-trak general questions.

Thanks and gratitude to everyone for all the excellent advice, both
on- and off-list.

I'm going to take Chris's recommendation and get entirely used to the
OEM system before I think about any modification of the speed
controls.  I am very fond of "Apollo Era" technology, anyway, and
thanks to Larry Chace's brilliant explanation I think I understand how
it all works now.

I'm also going to use a combination of all the ideas that have been
sent me concerning lights, and build myself a 36VDC "light bar" that
will drop into the roll cage sockets on the I5 front fenders.  I'll do
a proof of concept first with whatever pipe I have handy and some old
Karmann Ghia reverse lamps, and if that works I'll see if I can top
R.J. for total light output ;)  because I like to chop firewood after
dark.

Thanks again to everyone.  Your cheerful willingness to help out other
ET owners makes me proud to be a member of the club!

--Charlie