(ET) Motor puzzler and Alltrax

The best answer I got on this problem was that it could be a shorted armature. However, the problem has gone away, so maybe we have an intermittently shorted armature :-(.

Just to complicate things, we recently purchased an Alltrax for this machine (an E15). So my question is: is it safe to go ahead and install it under the circumstances? What will an Alltrax do if the armature is partially or fully shorted? Any other thoughts?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder

Steve Gaarder wrote:
      I'm having trouble with an E-15.  It looks like a missing field;
      it "chugs" at high current draw on the slowest speed, then
      overspeeds when you bring it up to full.  However, it still does
      that when I connect the field directly to the battery, and I
      measure the field resistance at 17 ohms, which is what I believe
      it should be.  So I don't have an open field, and the field
      circuitry is not the problem.  Any ideas?

      thanks,

      Steve Gaarder