Re: (ET) Wiring up a E12 motor for simple power source

On 6/8/2011 1:21 PM, Bob Brandon wrote:
Can I leave the two wires from field and the  2 from brush end taped
(unconnected) for permanent operation on 36 VDC.

You could, but you really should use the other two (which are a temp switch) to toggle your contactor for the motor. That way if the motor overheats, the contactor you are using to drive this will drop out.

  Do I run the field in series with the armature?

No. Parallel. I hooked mine right to the motor armature terminals.