Re: (ET) What does the tiller weigh (was Mounting a 26 Gal Spot Sprayer on an E-15)

On 6/2/2011 1:16 PM, Darryl McMahon wrote:
I have not weighed one, but 2 healthy fellows (my son and I) cannot
dead-lift the tiller. Mind you, it does not provide a lot of convenient
handles to make the job easier. I would guess over 200 pounds.

Yeah, it weighs a lot. That motor is massive; one of the reasons the lift can lift it is because the motor is supported by the tiller bar.

I think the snowblower weighs more, one of these days I'll put a scale in the shed and find out.

In the meantime I keep them on piano dollies while in the shed. Makes it a breeze to roll them into position and then back into the corners when done working with them.