Re: (ET) Question on motor RPM

RJ Kanary wrote:
According to the schematics some have stabilizing fields and some do not.A straight E-12 does not have it.{Has a centrifugal switch mounted on the end bell opposite the pulley.}

Yep, that's it. Nice little *click* as the motor comes up to speed.

But that is odd; the motor was running faster with the field in one direction as opposed to the other. And when I ran it with the field on then took the field off it spun up to a higher speed in one direction. Something was keeping the field going I think.

GE did not provide a complete as built schematic for the E-12 S, so the only way I can think of to find out is to open one up.

*nod* Not something I'm going to do right now :-) But I will fiddle with it a bit more later.

Chris