(ET) Question on motor RPM

So I am thinking about this pressure washer: Mount is completed and should be ready for testing tomorrow afternoon. One thing worries me: how fast does an E12 motor spin at 36 volts, full field? 3600 RPM-ish?

I noticed that if the field is not on, the motor will pull close to infinite amps in one direction, and infinite in the other (must have a compensation field in there). In one direction the motor will slow down as it's current draw increases, in the other it will "speed up" (the old reverse dillemma). I think I'll wire it to go counter-clockwise, slow down with increased load.

I'll wire the field straight to the armature studs, that should keep me from losing field in a pinch.

This should be interesting. I wonder if and how this is going to work. The pump does have an over-pressure thingie, that should keep things from going too bad.

Chris