(ET) Beckett file and charging

Looking at the three E12 Owner's Use and Care Manuals in the Beckett list, especially the latest edition, GEZ-5535B.  Under 'Power Pack Care and Charging' the charger start positions are marked by "Start' followed by 10 positions with letters 'A' thru 'J.'  My original owner manual is GEZ-4971 (really old),  tractor is 26AE12Ca, serial FP22039; think built in '71.  Charger start positions enumerated by age of the pack....yrs 1-2, yrs 3-5, yrs 6-10.  These original charge instructions differ from the later 5535B which says  "The best indicator of the pack's charge requirements is the amount of water to be added. If water added after one to three charges the knob should start at the next letter below that of the previous charge."

My pack was new on 12/1/07, so, for last 6 months been charging at the yrs 3-5 position (10 hrs or so).   But, the 5535B charge instructions make sense to me. As I hardly ever add water,  last night started a charge at the Start position, giving a 15-18 hour charge. Comments please.  Anyone have an 'A-J' decal?

Thanks, Jack