(ET) E15 oddness...

So I drove around with the wreck-that-is an E15 yesterday. One of the tires is dead-flat, but I think the front ones are still holding air (sprayed the needle valves with silicon to lubricate the rubber seals). One tire is totally shot, and of course it has no seat or anything in the back :-)

However an odd thing happens: I had a 7a fuse on the controls, and it would blow pretty regularly. I replaced it with a 20 and it drove fine, but if I didn't totally stop before going into reverse the fuse would blow, the voltage gauge would display voltage, and as soon as I put it into gear I would hear a click click click and the voltage would drop to zero.

Another odd thing: Letting it run in neutral to check the contactors I noticed that although speed 2 makes the contactor click, motor speed does not change. Might be a bad contactor, will check. However after awhile the motor speed would fluctuate down a bit, then come up, then down, then the 20a fuse would blow again.

Relay arcing perhaps? I'm still using an old relay for FW, maybe it's arcing the field and blowing the 20a fuse.

I really wish I had the page of my owners' manual that had the schematic for the E15; I think I lost it. Can I get a copy of the manual from somewhere?

However any idea what's up? I haven't pulled Card 1 to check for damage, but I don't have the resistor/MOV card in there yet for field weakening.