Re: (ET) Odd E-15 problem

             Put an ammeter in series with the field to observe if it is actually drawing current.If yours has the Field Reversing control,(Since the actual model was not posted.),I suspect there is still high resistance in the Field circuit. The F/R Relay would still be my first stop.The N/C contacts in the FW circuit are another prime suspect.

RJ

Steve Gaarder wrote:
We've got an E-15, powered by a double string of BB600 NiCads, and it has developed an odd problem.  When I try to run it (speed 1, gearshift in neutral) the motor pulses at about 5 times a second and the current draw is very large - almost to the top of the yellow zone.  My first thought was no field current, but I get full battery voltage at the field relay contacts, and if I disconnect the power and measure the field resistance from there, I get 16 ohms, which seems reasonable.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder