Re: (ET) Magazine article and web site

David, et al.,
I may have a different experience set from the rest of you, but I say
the more people in the market the better even if prices do go up and
impact us all.

Where would we be if Harold Zimmerman never heard of Elec-Traks and
did not get involved in collecting parts?
Where would we be if Jim Coate did not get involved with Elec-Traks?
What if Keith Stieg never started his collection? (I used one of his
taller battery boxes and front panels to repair one of my machines).
I am sure there are other examples and I have a ton of respect for
Bill Gunn and his procuring of the parts and information from New
Idea/Wheel Horse,
even though the twice I talked to him on the phone he seemed a quite
burnt out of the whole Elec-Trak business and sold it off a few short
months later.

Another reason why I think more people / more information out there is
a good thing is how I ended up
with three of my machines. I bought them from a wreckers yard for the
price of their metal. If the wrecker's
yard owner would not have seen the information out there on the
Elec-Traks/ the number of people collecting them, those machines would
have been melted down
long before I happened across them. I personally would have been very
saddened by another one of these great machines ending
up being melted down for their raw materials instead of being restored
into a productive functioning condition,

---
Mr. Shannon Aldinger