Re: (ET) NiMH batteries

On 4/21/2011 12:19 AM, David Harvey wrote:
ommm, no use at all, just let me take them off your hands. :)
Two of them split down to 36v would be good on an ET, they would hang
out the back a bit. Each would be 85AH @36v.
Anyone know if these were what is used in the Old Insight?

I kind of went OMG when I first saw this, but I think these are hybrid batteries, not traction batteries. The key is the 8.5ah capacity, they're probably prismatic batteries.

Paralleling NiMH batteries is interesting, I tried using Prius battery cells and the results were un-good. So if you parallel 10 packs to make something you will probably have to charge them separately.