Re: (ET) Small E20 fire: What is it with MOVs?

Not a problem, thank you for the reply!

I don't think it was over-voltage, the batteries were somewhat low and BB600's can take hundreds of amps in terms of charge rate without shooting up.

It might be the frame thing, but that still seems odd. If the motor is connected to the frame at one winding, then it would just act as an auto-transformer, and to where since it's not arcing to frame.

I have noticed on a few other tractors that the MOV is blown up, especially on E15's. Then the contactors start to pit.

Chris