Re: (ET) Small E20 fire: What is it with MOVs?

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:59:27AM -0400, RJ Kanary wrote:
>     With the field weakened would not the temporary output of this
> motor turned generator be reduced ? Unless the cruise button was held
> in, mashing the throttle would result in field weakening, would it not
> ?  Weakened field, not much power generated.
>
>      And BTW holding the cruise button in while mashing the throttle
> will result in dramatic regenerative braking, (No field weakening.) to
> the extent that the Power Use meter will be pinned against the left hand
> stop.{ Still without smoke escaping from the MOV in the times that I've
> done it. :)   }
>
> RJ

 - Greetings to Chris, RJ, and all others -

Yes, RJ, I agree fully and thankfully with the dramatic regenerative
braking
capability.  That function kept me out of trouble when using the E20 to
move
the O'Day Daysailor around on our side of the hill.

Without knowing the complete state of the tractor controls at the moment
Chris engaged the motor, my analysis was speculative and best-guess, at
best.
Thanks for your comments.

Rhett