From: David Roden <etpost drmm net>
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Sent: Wed, February 2, 2011 1:06:10 PM
Subject: (ET) Adjusting blade springs?

We've had freezing rain and snow dumped on us here the last couple of days,
and I've been out in some of that pushing the slush around.  This is the
wettest stuff I've ever tried to plow.  I found that I had to run the E15's
dozer blade at 45 degrees and push only about a 6" wide strip at a time, or
the blade's release springs would dump it.  It took a LOT of runs down the
driveway to more-or-less clear it out.

Anybody know how much I can safely tighten up those release springs?  Is
there any specification or way to measure how easily the blade should
deflect under pressure?  I don't want to risk bending the ET's chassis, of
course.

Thanks.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "etpost" address will not reach me.  To send