Re: (ET) Snow blower breaker value

Stall it dead in slush and you will pop it............

On Jan 31, 2011, Tom G. <wavetech superlink net> wrote:

Performance characteristics are based on room temperature (77°F). Consult derating curve at left for ambient temperatures significantly higher or lower than standard room temperature.

Example: At 77°F the device is calibrated to hold at 110% of rated current (1) and trip at 138% of rated current (2). At 140°F, the same device will hold at approximately 92% of rated current (3), and trip at approximately 120% of rated current (4).

So looking at the small graph on that page.

At say 32°F it will hold approximately 125% of rated current, and trip at approximately 145% rated current.

Have yet to trip thrower breaker so either it is bad, or my shunt wire for power meter is wrong. I tend to think my power meter is not accurate.
Anybody have the actual amperage numbers for the different colors on the power meter ?