Re: (ET) Snowblower chain tension

On 1/27/2011 8:46 PM, Ken Olum wrote:
My opinion, but it is not an informed opinion, is that there should be
a bit of slack in the loose side of the chain.

Ok. There's a bit more slack than I think it should have, I'll try adjusting the spring.

I think the vibration was caused by snow stuck to the auger or something; it got better as I blew and pretty much went away at this point.

I think it's always a good idea to have a spare chain.  Otherwise it's
hard to get out to the store to buy one because your driveway is full
of snow.

There is, as they say, that. And given the recent snow season I might grab a spare. In the meantime, how hard is it to replace a chain? Anyone ever actually broken one?

Now that I think about it I should get a new belt for the tiller as well; it's a mess.

Chris