Re: (ET) Hybrid Electrak?

Yeah, I definitely didn’t expect it to be able to clear the driveway.    I don’t have much room to store a walk behind, I barely have room for the ET.    Which is why I was thinking, instead of spending $500-600 on a walkbehind, if I could get a generator powerful enough to run the snow thrower (maybe hooked directly), and leave the batteries to move the tractor, for the same price it would be nice.

Just wanted to see if anyone had tried it.

From: William Martin [mailto:martinsprinklerdesign yahoo com]
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 11:43 AM
To: Banks, Michael J.; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Hybrid Electrak?

1.5 to 2 hours is probably about all you'll get out of your batteries running the snow thrower as hard as you're running it.  Everything sounds normal to me, given the conditions.  I don't think these machines were designed for that heavy of snow work.  I have a gas powered walk behind snow blower as a backup if I ever get a really nasty snow.  That wouldn't be a bad idea for you.  Probably more cost effective also.

That's my 2 cents!

Billy