Re: (ET) Hybrid Electrak?

This is the first snowstorm where the standard pack or the plow didn’t cut it.     Which is why I was thinking about a nice little Honda generator strapped to the back.   For these rare occasions I wasn’t too concerned about keeping it all electric, just needed to get my drive way cleared.   J   I had to have someone with a pickup truck plow me out anyways.

From: maxmatic gmail com [mailto:maxmatic gmail com] On Behalf Of Max Hall
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 10:58 AM
To: Banks, Michael J.
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Hybrid Electrak?

I have, and it worked just fine, but it was a pretty un-ET way to solve the range/run-time problem. Loud and smelly. And my old 4-stroke generator is as bad as any Briggs and Stratton 4-stroke... notorious.

I later did two things: 1) got a fresh string of batts, and 2) kept the old string... I added a "back porch" to my tractor, and ran the second string in parallel with the on-board batts. I'm west of Boston, and I moved a huge amount of snow on every charge with that rig. http://www.maxmatic.com/electrak.htm. Bitchin' traction addition, too.

I'm about to do the same thing to an E-20 with a plow... need more range/run-time, and better traction again.

Best of luck to all you ETers,

love those tractors!

-Max