(ET) Retirement projects (non-Elec-Trak)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 Mike Wallace  wrote:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<snip>
But  then one of these days I'd like to add turning brakes off an older
model Cub  Cadet to a Wheel Horse C-185, finish converting a model 411
Grasshopper ZTR to  electric power, finish remodeling the kitchen, get my
abrasive
cleaning and  powder coating operation going, and get a '53 Studebaker
Coupe
restified and  back on the road.  Turning 65 next month, might be more
projects than I got  time.

Mike,  you have probably heard other retirees say that they are so busy
since retiring  that they don't see how they ever had time go to work
before.

I retired  two years ago, and I am finding that to be true - kinda. Many
of
those projects  I had stacked up for "when I retire" are still not done -
but a few did get  finished. The problem is that new projects are stacking
up
faster that I am  getting them done (real problem is that I can't say
"NO").

But the  difference is - all those things get done when, and if, I choose
to work on  them. I can also choose to take time off in the afternoon for
coffee with "the  guys", or I can take time to post messages (like this
one) on
several forums I  am on.

And I have several ongoing "jobs" which I get paid for (i.e.: US  census
work, remodeling a motorhome for resale, writing an instruction manual
for a
small local business, etc). But all these jobs are done when I choose to
work on them - not because I have a boss pushing me.

Yes, I stay busy -  but I love it. I'm sure you will, too

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN