Re: (ET) Don't suppose anyone can unhack the Elec-Trak web site

just in case anyone was wondering what the hacker was trying to do:
http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/43557
basically it was an Active X exploit, designed to trick someone using IE into downloading a virus ( Win32:Bifrose-ESN [Trj]).   It's properties can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifrost_%28trojan_horse%29

 I know Avast antivirus caught it very quickly and the virus signature was added on 10/15, but I don't know when this virus was added to other anti virus applications.  (Plus I don't use IE for anything other then on my work computer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are fairly immune to this type of attack.)

If anyone went to the ET web site with IE and got a strange message I would check to see your anti-virus is up to date and do a full scan of your computer.

better safe then sorry. :)