Re: (ET) E15 and deck status

Couple options for you, Chris:

1) Trim width (and the original frame rails) from the frame.  Then weld in
the angle iron.  This will make the final width the same as the original
frame.  Attach the mounts and you are good to go.

or 2) cut a notch in the vertical leg of the angle iron at the location
the mount needs to go.  Cut away the original frame behind this area too.
Cut the frame away for a little longer than the notch you put in the angle
iron.  Then fill up the notch by welding in a backing plate of new
material.  Then weld the mount to that.  Not as pretty as option 1, but it
still makes the final result the same width.

or 3) go with the original plan.  Weld on the angles, then make new mounts
with a longer spacing between the bolt holes and weld them on.  Then make
adapter plates out of excess material for each side.  They will have bolts
extending up through the mounts and down through the transmission.  The
ones through the transmission will have to be flush head bolts.

David Brandt