(ET) E15 and deck status

Got some time to work on the deck this weekend. First I got rid of the old deck; it was quite literally beyond hope and into the realm of "unsafe". However 2 of the 3 motors are now on the new deck, so we're getting somewhere.

On the E15 wreck I have been thinking: I could weld a nice solid 3 foot long 1.5*1.5 thick angle iron on the outside of the tractor's rail, then weld the wheel mount to the angle iron. Problem is that the wheel mount would be 1/8 of an inch out, which would make it too wide to fit the transmission.

*sigh*.

It's possible I could cut out a square in the iron, weld in the mount, then weld the whole thing to the tractor. I'll get better at the whole welding thing in short order at this rate.

However putting this iron on the outside would make the tractor completely indestructible. Which could be neat. Need to think about this for a bit.

The E20 continues to run well; I have taken to leaving the electronics plate open so that mice will stop nesting in there. And with the new copper lugs the shunt assembly works a *lot* better with no heat during normal operation.

Still haven't had a cold snap; once we do I'll hitch up the snowblower and drive it up to the driveway. Soon enough: SNOW!