Re: (ET) E15 with broken back. *sigh*

I have an E15 frame for $75 in north central CT front cast axel included.
Jk

-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces
cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Chris Zach
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:36 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) E15 with broken back. *sigh*

This morning I went out and rescued an E15. Sad little thing, was parked
under a tarp for about 4-5 years after all the main parts were removed.
I did get all the parts as well.

So I trailered it home and used my E20 to pull it into the yard. Not a
very happy tractor; the rear battery box had rusted to the point of
collapse, the front panels were rusted, the electronics had all been cut
out and was in a jumble.

All simple stuff to fix to be honest. New box and sides can be installed
with rivets and ease. Elec-trak wiring is simple and since all wires are
numbered re-assembling it would be a snap. Welding on side fenders
should not be a big deal.

However stepping on the rear accessory bracket mount causes the mount to
go *down* a bit. Which means the back/frame is probably rusted too far.

*sigh* Any thoughts?

Chris