Re: (ET) Looking for rototiller attachment

Brian E. Haines wrote:
The rototiller, bar, and lift are kind of heavy (250? 300? lbs total weight), and all that weight would be /right/ on the rear axle. I'm sure people have done it, I just don't know if I would. Personally I would find a E15 or even E12s, or better yet a E20 (or C185 or EGT200), and put it on there. Could also upgrade the transmission...Might be cheaper then adding another tractor to the herd. :)

It's kind of a mix. Technically the tiller sits on the ground and bounces up and down, trying to push the elec-trak ahead of it. You really need LL in order to keep the tractor from going forward.

The weight is both on the axle and on the rear mount bar behind the axle. When you lift it, it's mostly on the lift itself.

So I don't know if it's that much of a killer. If you run around with 150 pounds of weight in the rear for blowing snow the tiller won't be much worse.

Chris

(owns an E20 and a tiller)