(ET) Status of Electric Tractor Corp. and the Electric Ox

I spoke recently to Douglas Galbraith, who seems to be the principal
behind the intent to revive Electric Tractor.  He sent me the official
statement of the company about its status, which I include below.

According to our conversation, the delay is mostly to do with
bureaucratic issues involving securities registration, which is a
prerequisite to opening the new company and getting new funding to
start up again.  He's not ready to say when these issues will be
resolved, but he hopes it will be soon.  He encourages everyone who is
interested to email inquiry electrictractor com to be put on a list
for an announcement when tractors are back in production.

As far as I can tell, they can't actually sign a lease on any
production facility until the new funding is received, so I'm sure it
will be some time after that before any new tractor is complete.  He
expects to make some offer to those of us who have the old models to
exchange them for new ones, so that everything will be standardized on
a new design.

Meanwhile my Ox continues running well, with 4 new 12V AGM batteries,
a BattEq equalizer and an external 22A charger.

                                        Ken

The Electric Tractor Corporation has closed its doors and a new
company -- Electric Tractor Corp. of Wyoming -- has acquired the
assets and is organizing to once again begin producing a new and
improved Electric OX, all electric, zero polluting small utility
tractor.

Charged Up...Ready to Go!

A lot of activities are underway including new facilities, a redesign
of the body based on feedback from customers of the original Electric
OX, an upgraded drive controller and a new assembly process to
increase production and raise the quality bar.

You are invited to keep tabs on our progress via the Electric Tractor
website, www.electrictractor.com.  We will let you know when the new
generation OX ordering details and form are on-line. The production
schedule will be determined for purchasers by the order in which
deposits are received.

We are also in the midst of building the infrastructure for a
Dealership Network.  Please revisit the website on a periodic
basis to see when we will have a Dealer available in your area.
Until a dealership is established in your region, direct factory
orders will be accepted.

Those interested in pursuing an Electric Tractor dealership will be
able, in the next few months, to complete an online dealership
application form.

The Electric OX is first and foremost an all-electric, zero polluting
small utility tractor. It can perform many functions and pull
heavy loads in excess of 7,000 pounds. It already pulls such loads in
greenhouse operations today and runs for 8-10 hours between
recharges. When cutting grass the OX will run between 3-6
hours between charges, depending on the grass and terrain conditions.

The expected price for the base model OX electric tractor is in the
US$6,900 range. Attachments will be additional. The 44" mower deck
will be approximately $1,400.

Battery technology is progressing rapidly and as the price for
alternate systems drops within the acceptable price range we will
offer them as an option.

Thank you for your interest in our new Company and the OX - the one
all-electric small utility tractor with a proven track
record.