Re: (ET) Power of Elec-trak motors?

Mike Wallace wrote:
FWTW guys, performance curves and data that I obtained from GE in Ft. Wayne
many years ago indicated that an E15 drive motor was rated at 1 HP, an
E20/C-185 drive motor was rated at 1.2 HP, and the snow blower's motor was
rated at 2.5 HP.  Technically GE referred to these as being stabilized
shunt
compound wound field motors.

Hm. Well how can we check this? One thing I have is the Link-20 which can tell me current being pulled from the batteries under load. Since my controller's efficiency is pretty close to 100% (contactors) any power going into the motor is becoming either heat or work energy.

What's the best way to load the E20 with a "standard" load? Drive it in D1 across a field? Up a 20 degree incline? Tow a car?

Chris