Re: (ET) E14 in Marengo, Illinois on eBay

Jim Coate wrote:
Hmmm... I'm not sure about that either.

The E14's I've seen are permanent magnet, essentially the same as E12JA's.

From the documentation closest at hand, the E14 AA & RJ use the later control scheme with the 5 discrete round contactors on the lower panel, no field weakening resistors, and a permanent magnet motor.

Ah, ok. So basically it's controlled by a throttle, has 3 speeds controlled by the strap resistor, 4 gears, and that's it.

Sounds nice enough. Technically my E20 right now is in that boat as speeds 5-8 are down due to the stupid field weakening limiter circuit blowing out much of card 4. The people who put a 20a fuse for controls are stupid.

Either way the E14 on eBay is a deal as there should be another zero on the price.

*nod* It does look nice. Whomever gets it needs to join the list :-)

Chris