Re: (ET) Inverters

Bill Alburty wrote:
I'd like to get a 36vdc to 120vac inverter. Where do you get them? I can't find them on ebay, but maybe my search words are wrong. Does anyone have one for sale? I might try to build one if I had a good schematic and parts list.

Hm. In the past I have dragged along an APC 24 volt UPS hooked up to four of the batteries, but that will imbalance things.

Tripp-Lite makes a 36 volt inverter, but it is a bit pricey. However it will do anything you want and charge your batteries as well.

http://www.powercomplete.com/36VoltInverterwithCharger/TrippLiteAPS3636VR.html

Another option is the Elec-trak inverter. I have one of these, it's kind of neat: It's a 36 volt motor coupled to a 120 volt AC generator. Big advantage is you will get a real pure sine wave from it. Problem is the frequency can vary a bit (although it runs pretty constantly). Also it's only 8a at 120 volts, which is enough to keep tripping the on-board breaker when you're using something like a chain saw.

Chris