(ET) Bridge out. ElecTrak to the rescue

We had a torrential rainstorm last night and when we were getting ready to leave for work, My father who lives up the hill from us, came over to tell us the bridge was out. The creek had risen so much our bridge had been acting like a dam. It's a log bridge with fill on top and the water undermined one side partially collapsing the bridge and washing the fill off the middle.

We just got in from dragging 2, 24 foot 6x12s from the upper property down to the creek for a temporary crossing. We are hoping to get some 8x16 glue lams from our neighbour to lay down for a permanent fix later today. Looks like the ElecTrak will be called in for duty again.

The new winch I attached came in very handy to pull the beams out of the bush and to push them across the gap. We put down a 2 x 12 and pushed them across with each beam held up under the front of the ET by the winch. No back breaking work required.

Marcus Sabathil
marcussab gmail com
Mobile: 604-374-1969
Site Q-39, 720 Gardner Lane.  Bowen Island BC. V0N 1G0