(ET) ET Steering drive shaft shims

Hi. This is my first posting, so I hope it ends up in the right place. I had loose steering on my E15, and after looking at the steering mechanism, could see there was too much play in the steering sector shaft (horizontal shaft). I removed the cotter pin (roll pin in some cases) and used two machine washers on the shaft, replaced the pin after using graphite lubricant on the washers, and the steering is like new - no more play. The washers I used were from Tractor Supply Company (in one of their many parts bins), and are called 3/4 x 1¼ x 18 gauge machine washers. You may only need one washer, but two worked perfectly on my tractor. Good luck. Dick Green