Re: (ET) getting into high gear

       Typical of the type.The D-2 gear and the input shaft that it slides over to engage the D-2 gear tend to get beat up and the lead in edges on the mating surfaces get blunted.

       Just follow the method described in either the Owner's Manual or the placard on the foot plate.

      Once it starts falling out of 4th, THEN it's time to open it up and address some concerns.

RJ

tbamc wrote:
I do most of my mowing in high gear--D2--and as long as I've had this 12M, have had mild difficulty getting into that gear.  Generally I need to rock the mower back and forth before it will slip in.  Other 3 gears are all OK.

This is more a minor annoyance than a major problem, but I do wonder how typical it is, and is there a simple, or complex, fix?

Thanks.

Thon