Re: (ET) Chargers (and winch)

Yes, you can get charge controllers that are temperature compensated and
are programmed for a variety of charge regimens.  I don't know if they
fully shut the panels off from the pack when done, though.  The trick is
finding one for a 36V pack.  Controllers for 24 and 48 volt pack sizes are
common.

They could also run a ventilation fan to keep temps down.  In fact you can
buy a couple types of vent fans that have panels built onto them.

David Brandt