Re: (ET) E-15 troubleshooting (won't start)

         First vital piece of information..................the numbers stamped on the aluminum plate found in the front battery compartment.The E-15 control systems vary, and it's helpful to both the person needing help,and the one trying to provide it to know exactly what we're working on.

RJ

john rieffel wrote:
Hi trackers,

I took the plunge and got an E-15 from a local listmember.   I'm
confident the seller checked everything out before delivering the
machine (he says so).   I've installed the batteries, and the "fuel
gauge" is in the green zone.   The seat switch is short-circuit
spliced.    Both mechanical and electrical transmissions are in
neutral.   The lights and lift motors are not wired to the batteries
yet.

When I turn the key nothing happens (sound familiar?)  A few times I
*think* I heard a relay clicking, but not every time.   I've broken
out my trusty multimeter, and have a copy of the homeowners service
manual.  Where to start?  Should I take a panel off, or are there more
obvious first steps?

I imagine (and hope!) that there's some fairly obvious and simple
rookie mistake I'm making.  Advice?

Thanks,
jr