Re: (ET) Rust on an E20, repair time...

The sides are held by 1 screw in the front casting, one in the dash, and
three through the frame.  Sometimes they have been replaced by pop rivets.

The new side panels Jim has work great.  There may be some misalignment of
the pilot hole/slots, but that should not be much.  You may have to match
drill 1 hole on each that winds up being off by 1/2 a hole or so.  These
tractors are all a bit different in their dimensions, so this is normal.
All the holes for the PTO and accessory outlet seem to match up no problem.

They come powder coated, so you don't *have* to paint them.  PC is tough
as nails and it matches the factory color.

Since I hate the dirty brownish yellow factory color, I did paint them,
with Valspar's "tractor and implement paint".  It seems to work good, and
I have seen good reviews on it from other forums, too.  Takes forever to
dry, but you can buy a catalyst to speed up the cure.  (I prefer "New
Holland Yellow")

On the inside, I put the spray on truck bedliner paint over the powder
coating.  Should make it nearly impenetrable.

Just give the PC a light sanding and a solvent wipe to prep it for
painting.

David Brandt